Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

San Diego Floral Association 2012 Garden Tour

Over the weekend...
I volunteered for the San Diego Floral Association's garden tour in Point Loma. The weather started out overcast then turned into a beautiful 75 degree sunny day. For the few hours I manned my station, I greeted lovely people who were just as enthused about seeing beautiful gardens as I was. For volunteering, I was allowed to visit the other six gardens that were on the tour. Her are some photos...







The cottage










Wow. Great color for a piano. I want it.
 The piano was a in very large estate and the owners not only invited guest through the gardens, but into part of their home as well.


They had a thing for Dr. Suess

This was the room where Jimmy Carter stayed in 





Can you believe all these wind chimes? 
I wonder what it sounds like when it gets really windy.
A vegetable garden that supplies a local Thai restaurant 







This view from this home was pretty amazing. You can see the harbor, and beyond that is downtown San Diego and the Coronado bridge in the haze to the right.

That was a fun tour. I'll definitely do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace