Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thrifty Favorite Finds of the Month! $2 or Less!



There is a large list in my head of items that I look for at garage sales or thrift stores, which helps me spot them quickly.

Here are a few finds from the last month that I bought for $2 or less...

 These glass bottles I found for 75 cents each. A collection is pretty in the sunlight and also nice for a few stems of flowers.




 This ceramic, bulbular (is that a word?) piece I found for $2. People discard their classroom projects because they end up with so many pieces or decide they have no use for them. This looks like it was a more advanced than ceramics 101 (I sure know it's not easy to create this shape on the wheel), but I thought is was an interesting, unique decor item.


Mr. Gnome was faded when I found him at a thrift store for $1.95, but after I painted his hat and his buttons red, he had new life.


Any time I find mason jars, I for sure pick them up. There are soooo many uses for them. These were scored 8 for $1. Actually, the guy threw in a couple other items too, so less than $1 :)


This vintage vase was only 25 cents!!


These antique shoe horns caught my eye for only $2 for the pair. They're neat as decor, or I might hang them on the wall and use them as coat hooks.


Afghans are almost a for sure find at estate sales. They can add color, texture and softness to a room in an instant. This colorful one was $2.


I always look through the jewelry. Accessories can change your wardrobe, and at the very least, its fun for the kids to dress up with costume jewelry.


Good luck with your finds!




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace