Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Decorative Felt Flowers


I like doing crafts that I can pull out a box of supplies and make something useful and pretty in a short amount of time. I browsed the internet for something I could do with my stash of felt. I stopped at the Purl Bee, who has lots of cool ideas, and decided I really liked the felt flower charms that she made and the colors she chose. She also has a great tutorial and photos of various felt flowers that you can find here:  http://www.purlbee.com/felt-flower-charms/.  

I picked three colors that I liked together and stacked them,



then, just eyeballed the shape and cut the flower. I also pulled out some decorative flower buttons (found for $2 for a bag at a garage sale) for the center of the flower. 

Then with some needle and thread, I was finished in about 5 minutes.

I added it to a plain pillow.




The Purl Bee had lots of great ideas to use these for such as barrettes, a garland, or make a whole bunch of these and put them in a glass container for display. 
I'm going to do that one next!



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace