Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Side table


I had been looking for a side table for Evelyn's room to place next to the chair that is in her room.   I like to have coffee in the morning and watch her play, but I didn't have a place to set my cup down and out of the way.
At a garage sale, after browsing a few minutes, I spot this furniture piece. It had once been painted blue and green and then someone tried to strip the paint off, but never finished. The carvings were interesting but simple, drawers were dovetail, and it was all wood. The price was $3. So I bought it.




A lot of work, you say. I say I like it just the way it is. It is perfect for what I was looking for and with some added storage for Evelyn's things.

Here is the plain drawer inside:



Then I added scrapbook paper to line the drawers (I bought a box from a garage sale a while back) which fit quite nicely in these drawers.


I added some of Evelyn's toys and books and a lamp and I'm done!




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace